1. Emily Beers (10:12/1)(13,4,0/1)(7:47/1) Total Points=3
2. Whitney Pagnucco (13:15/2)(12,1,0/3)(8:23/3) Total Points=8
3. Kim Torgerson (14:35/4)(12,5,3/2)(8:39/4) Total Points=10
1. Lars Bredahl (8:33/4)(15,0,0/2)(6:06/6) Total Points=12
WOMEN'S Scaled 1
1. Merrit Lymburner (8:44/2)(17,2,0/2)(7:34/1) Total Points=5
2. Jennifer Broxterman (8:32/1)(16,5,1/3)(7:35/2) Total Points=6
3. Julie Ditzend (11:12/6)(18,5,0/1)(7:40/5) Total Points=12
4. Alison Brooks (10:35/4)(14,5,1/5)(7:40/5) Total Points=14
5. Kristine Andali (11:09/5)(15,5,2/4)(8:51/8) Total Points=17
6. Kristen Weber (12:21/8)(14,5,1/5)(7:39/4) Total Points=17
7. Leea Wood (12:40/9)(13,0,0/7)(7:38/3) Total Points=19
8. Monica Kumala (10:18/3)(10,1,0/9)(9:05/9) Total Points=21
9. Catherine Nowierski (11:57/7)(10,5,2/8)(7:55/7) Total Points=22
MEN'S Scaled 1
1. Jonathan Sinclair (7:15/1)(16,0,0/3)(6:23/3) Total Points=7
2. Andrew Stevens (7:50/3)(15,5,2/4)(6:06/2) Total Points=9
3. Alex Jeffrey (7:15/1)(19,5,1/1)(7:48/8) Total Points=10
4. Silas Dubelaar (8:21/5)(17,1,0/2)(6:27/4) Total Points=11
5. Matt Allen (8:16/4)(15,5,2/4)(7:24/5) Total Points=13
6. Austin Hunt (8:34/6)(11,5,2/8)(5:46/1) Total Points=15
7. David Collie (8:38/7)(15,5,2/4)(8:26/9) Total Points=18
8. Ian Maclean (10:03/8)(15,5,2/4)(8:26/9) Total Points=21
9. Tim Stevenson (11:28/9)(10,3,0/9)(7:42/6) Total Points=24
10. Mike Hermetz (13:35/10)(9,5,2/10)(DNF/10) Total Points=30
WOMEN'S Scaled 2
1. Lindsay Howden (8:14/1)(15,0,0/1)(9:31/3) Total Points=5
2. Jessi Lamoorre (9:17/3)(14,5,1/2)(7:57/1) Total Points=6
3. Serena Browne (11:17/5)(14,5,0/3)(8:06/2) Total Points=10
4. Tanya Allen (9:43/4)(14,5,0/3)(9:58/4) Total Points=11
5. Tanya Rypstra (9:08/2)(12,3,0/5)(10:55/5) Total Points=12
6. Kim Straughan (11:30/6)(10,5,3/7)(10:59/6) Total Points=19
7. Kristi Abe (12:40/7)(11,5,0/6)(DNF/7) Total Points=20
MEN'S Scaled 2
1. Daniel Freedman (8:32/1)(10,5,0/2)(DNF/1) Total Points=4
2. Omar Omar (8:42/2)(12,1,0/1)(DNF/1) Total Points=4
Sponsors graciously and generously donated prizes for the winners. We had the pleasure of hosting a few in person - Primal Athletes and Agatsu. Toronto Weighlifting also showed and brought their fine weightlifting shoes to sell and donated 5% of the days profits to the JDRF. Speaking of which, we will announce the final donation to the JDRF soon - once the financial dust settles.
Dave Henry, owner of CrossFit London, won the Concept 2 raffle.
We also raffled off 2 $150 gift certificates for a tattoo at Seven Crowns tattoos in Toronto.
We will post individual event and final results later today or tomorrow. Also, if anyone wishes us to link a photo or video dump of the event, please email email@example.com.
DEADLIFT – The athlete pulls the loaded barbell from the ground and stands with knees and hips in full extension. Shoulders must be behind the bar. The athlete may dump the bar from the standing position. Any stance is allowed, but hands must be outside knees.
Female and Male Rx'd
Female and Male Scaled 1
Female and Male Scaled 2
(divisions and WODs are not interchangable)
Rx'd winners receive a trophy and prize packages
Scaled 1 winners receive a plaque and prizes
Scaled 2 winners receive a medal
Prizes were generously donated by our sponsors.
All competitors receive a COC09 T-shirt, complementary Gymboss Timer and PaleoKit upon sign-in.
There is a Concept 2 rower and two $150 Gift Certificates from The Society of the Seven Crowns Tattoos with proceeds going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
EVENT 1 (18 min. time limit)
3 Rounds for time of:
5 Clean & Jerks M=95# F=65#
10 Jumping Pull-ups
AMRAP 10 minutes of:
5 Deadlifts M=135# F=95#
Medals are awarded to the top 3 Male and Female.
7:00 COMPETITOR SIGN-IN
8:30 EVENTS EXPLANATION & RULES
9:00 EVENT 1 (18 min. time limit)
11:30 EVENT 1 STANDINGS ANNOUNCED
12:30 EVENT 2
15:00 EVENT 2 STANDINGS ANNOUNCED
16:00 EVENT 3
17:00 AWARDS CEREMONY
BBQ & DRINKS
· CLEAN & JERK - The athlete pulls the loaded barbell from the ground and receives it in a full squat. Full squat is met when the crease of the hip falling below the knee or patella. The judge does not count any reps that fall short of the defined range of motion. From the squat, the athlete may receive the bar overhead in anyway – thruster, press, push press, jerk. Elbows and shoulders must lock out with bar overhead. Overhead defined as arms holding bar above the body whereas the ear is visible at the anterior of the bicep. Knees and hips must also be at full extension. When dropping the bar, the athlete will keep his/her hands on the barbell until it has passed the chest. There is no “dumping” the bar from overhead intentionally. BE SAFE!
· PULL-UPS - All pull-ups must start from a dead hang and end with chin above the bar. Any pull-up variation is acceptable as long as it meets the defined range of motion.
· DEADLIFT – The athlete pulls the loaded barbell from the ground and stands with knees and hips in full extension. The athlete may not “dump” the bar from the standing position, but may allowed it to drop with hands on the bar at all times for safety.
· BURPEES – The athlete will drop to his/her hands and toes, perform a push-up. Push-up defined as the hip and chest both touching the ground, followed by the arms pushing to full extension. The athlete then jumps with his/her knees, hips and shoulders in full “extension”. The hands clap overhead as the athlete jumps. Overhead defined as arms above the body whereas the ear is visible at the anterior of the bicep.
We will announce the final set of rules prior to the event. All questions and concerns may be asked then or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to meet any points of performance because of injury or any reason, you must make your judge aware before the event begins. It is the discretion of the judge, head judge or organizers to allow a competitor to compete in an event without being able to meet the required points of performance. Example: not able to lock out elbows out overhead due to past injury or otherwise.
3 Rounds for time of:
5 Clean & Jerks M=165# F=115#
3 Rounds for time of:
5 Clean & Jerks M=125# F=85#
AMRAP 10 minutes of:
5 Deadlifts M=255# F=175#
AMRAP 10 minutes of:
5 Deadlifts M=195# F=135#
Prize packages are also sorted out and becoming well worth "The Drive to Acton". Things are quite busy sorting through emails, getting shirts designed, order equipment and goods for y'all, so please be patient if your email is not answer quickly. Mind you there are only 11 days left till competition, so if your question has gone unaswered and you need to know now, please email again with the subject in CAPS. Remember to please email COC09@live.com for all correspondence. Train, eat and sleep well for the next two weeks people - you'll need it! Peace out!
If you missed the cut-off date for registration and wish to still compete, you have until WEDNESDAY, JULY 8 to do so. Please send an email begging to compete and we'll get back to you. The cost is still $100.
Cindy: 20 rounds
Pull Ups: 45
10 Muscle Ups
39 Pull Ups
Clean & Jerk: 215
30 muscle ups: 6:51
Weight : 168 lbs
Max Pullups : 21
Christine : 8:31
Nancy : 14:52
Daniel : 21:34
1000m Row: 3:40
Max Pull-ups: 30
Personal record for walking on hands: 150ft
Back Squat: 220#
Dead lift: 240#
Murph (no weight vest): 33:20
Filthy Fifty: 19:35
5k Run: 22:23
Weight: 170 lbs
Chelsea: 30 rounds
Clean and Jerk: 225#
Helen: 8:21 (450m run)
400m run: 0:59
500m row: 1:32
10k run - 48:00
Clean and Jerk: 250#
Cindy: 17 rounds
Murph (no vest): 40:30
Weight: 116 lbs.
Overhead Squat: 90#
Power Clean: 115#
Mary: 9 Rounds
Julie can fold in half, backwards!
Clean & Jerk: 215#
Coffee intake: unparalleled (he hasn't met Mark)
Male and Female Rx'd - 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Male and Female Scaled - 1st, 2nd and 3rd
We spoke with many sponsors today and the prize packages are coming together nicely.
There are no cash prizes.
We'll announce the full prizes soon!
A: Yes. On the day of registration, you will fill out a form with your name and address. This information is passed onto the JDRF and they will issue tax receipts.
Q: Do you have to be a member of an affiliate to compete?
A: No, the challenge is open to anyone.
Q: Is this "challenge" for elite CrossFitters only?
A: Yes and No. If you consider yourself elite and want to compete - AWESOME! If your not feeling "the elite" - AWESOME as well. We created the Challenge to solidify the CrossFit community in Ontario and have a fun day of competition for everyone; regardless of skill level. OKAY!!! Get registering!
Q: Why haven't you posted my profile yet?
A: Hey, slow down superstar - we have alot to do...soon.
Q: Who are you? How come your website does not display any name or info about the organizer? Would you give $100 to somebody because they mentioned 'crossfit'? My friends and I would like to participate but we are a little skeptical of your site.
A: We are the collective...just kidding, bad Trek joke. Anyway, the challenge was originally conceived by Jeff Morey (Conker Fitness) and Mark Gleason (CrossFit Niagara). We had planned to host it at Jeff's gym, but along came Paul McIntyre from the Moss Park Armouries and offered his facility. Word got around and suddenly we had to accept because it seemed to get to big for lil'ol Conker Fitness. Jeff, Mark and Paul are currently the organizing bodies. Jeff and Mark have contact info on their websites - follow the links in the list of Ontario Affiliates. In the meantime, you can reach the staff at email@example.com Hells no I wouldn't just give anyone anything just because they mentioned 'crossfit', but I would if they mentioned charity! Please stop being skeptical of our site. We're just trying to gather a great bunch of people for one incredible day of competition. Hope to see you there. Thanks.
Q: Are there scaled workouts?
A: Yes, there is a male and female scaled heat for each event.
Q: If I'm going to coach my guys/girls do I need to pay as a spectator?
A: Yes please, this is a charity event and the more we raise, well, that's just better!
Q: Will there be team rest areas?
A: The armouries is a big place, we're sure you'll find some room.
Q: What charity are you donating to?
A: Juvenile Diabetes
Q: What does my $100 registration fee get me?
A: Well, besides the chance to compete in the CrossFit arena - all competitors receive an event t-shirt, a paleo pack and a ticket for the BBQ - to stave off hunger. Did we mention a competition??? Also, a portion of your registration is donated to Juvenile Diabetes. There are also some small administrative things rolled in there.
Q: How do I volunteer for this event?
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "volunteer" in the subject with your name, phone number, email addy and shirt size in the body - and we thank you for you support!
Q: Are you posting athlete profile like on the games site?
A: Yes, we received a few already and are working towards posting them soon.
Q: Why is it called "Challenge" and not games?
A: Well, the "Games" are in Aromas, California and we do not wish to compare ourselves to that elite athletic competition.
Q: What can I do to help?
A: We need judges for the event. If you are a Level 1 CrossFit trainer, we'd could use you. Please see the question about volunteering for details. Thanks.
Q: What are the WODs and how many are there?
A: Hahahahaha, you really are a comedian! What are the WODs, LOL... you just kill me! Seriously, there are 3 WODs which we are announcing the day of the event.
Q: Can you give any hints as to what the WODs will be?
A: Okay, here is a possible list of movements that may or may not be used in some or all of the events: (vague enough for you)
Ground to Overhead (classically known as Clean & Jerk)
Bosu Circus Tricks
Sumo Deadlift Highpulls
Q: What is there to eat?
A: Well, if you are a competitor, you can eat your paleokit. We are also selling Paleokits on site. There is a BBQ at the end to celebrate your great achievements during the day. We are selling tickets for that too. We will have the typical BBQ fair, plus we are investigating Halal and Kosher selections.
Q: What's to drink?
A: What are you bringing? No really - we are providing water. Booze and beer are also available to buy from the armoury bar. Did we mention the whole event is licensed!!!
Q: Will there be Karoke?